I Went BIG, With 15 Days Of The Campaign Season left

 Well, I am still astounded at how gaming things pan out and evolve from a point of synchronicity.

You see, 3 years ago, I saw a 54mm Arnhem themed collection for sale, but, as we didn't have the gaming room at the time, I didn't purchase it, much to chagrin and incredulity of Roger, who like me, is one for 'grand gesture' wargaming or as those in the cheap seats say 'going large brav'.

I confess, I was a little miffed myself, but I moved on and then last week, I began listening to the Yarkshire Gamer's podcast, wherein that very collection, which began as a display game by John Landers and then moved to the custodianship of Dr Chris Brown (both of whom appeared in separate episodes)  was discussed in depth.

Roger had recently reminded me about the collection too, which I'd forgotten... *cue spooky music*

And then, yesterday, as if out of nowhere, I got a notification on social media, and had to do a double take - the collection was available again.

Well, I made enquiries, did a few sums and this is the result:


























I now have to find a storage zone for 500 infantry, 100 vehicles and over a dozen buildings.

Of course Roger has offered to take the strain, and has pointed out the one big downside to the thing, being in essence, that I own the toys and not him.

So you see, a seeming string of synchronous happenings, transformed into a 'second chance' which I grasped at.

Thankfully, my traditional October 31st cut-off date for the year's campaign season is still two weeks away, and so I emptied the remains of the 2021 war chest and hope to refill it by the time Vapnartak comes around in the New Year, ready to make one or two final commissions before I hang up my gaming shopping lists.

Well, if you excuse me, I need to go and find a cuppa and a chocolate digestive...


TTFN





Comments

  1. What a marvellous collection, well done and congratulations on the purchase. No 'buyers regret' there I'd say?!
    It is always wonderful to see Airfix paras on the table.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave your praise and vitriolic commentary here...

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...