Launch Bays Ready...

 I've always had a 'thing' about the fluorescent starships of the 70s and early 80s, and of course I'm a big fan of the artwork of Chris Foss.

For the last month or so, I've been spending a few hours each weekend, working through 30 old Citadel starships, with the aim of having some retro fun, with nobody to please biut myself. I wanted to capture 'feel' and 'memory' rather than just produce sharply detailed, sterile models, and I'm pleased to say that I think I've done that and moreover I've enjoyed the proces.

Well, this morning I've finished the last 8 modelsof the 30. I'm now waiting for a load of old Q.T Models large vessels to provide the heavy hitters for the fleet. Hopefully the postman will oblige this week.








Comments

Post a Comment

Leave your praise and vitriolic commentary here...

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...