Ghosts, Different Ghosts, Masonry Paint Mishhaps, And The Lost Treasure

 Hi All,

Well, let me begin by saying that this week has been full, full, full, but very little gaming related stuff other than working in ther studio for an average of 55 hours.

As you know, I went to see Ghostbusters: Afterlife last wekend and was suitably impressed, that we booked tickets for yesterday, only to be snowed in, as we are on one of the highest points in Sheffield and live on a cul de sac, which means we have longer winters. No problem there, as we could cancel, and rebooked for tonight. 

This looked good until 30 minutes ago hen the snow began again and according to theweather reports, is gonna be another 4 hours of those large, pretty, weekend destroying goosedown flakes.

So, I just cancelled the tickets again, as leaving 5 dofs at home, not knowing the potential weather conditions this evening, would not be clever.And so, tonight will be a big home made hotdog with all the trimmings, on a freshly baked roll, bottle of red wine and Ghostbusters 2 on DVD.

Speaking of ghosts, I just took delivery of a rather excelent little book for those interested in High Strangeness.

'Strabge Sheffield' by Adrian Finney is an 81 page romp around some of the known and lesser known hauntings and mysterious lights in the Sheffield area. At £7.99 on Amazon it's a great present for the dark months, and being in clear print it's a real joy. 'Gabriel's Ratchets' (They are 'hounds' over in that other place on t'other side of the pennines, Adrian ) always put the fear of the gods into me...

25 tales for under a tenner! Grab a copy, even if you don't live here - It's good stuff, and has me recalling some of my own experiences in the 80s other than the 'cushion incident' recounted ia  ouple of articles ago.

Don't confuse this book with the similarly named book by David Clarke. In my opinion, the best local ghost book since the days of the esteemed Mr & Mrs P. Dreadful, who ran a brilliant ghost walk in the city centre.


 

On Friday my beloved and better half, whilst getting ready for an imminent and important appointment,

dropped a litre can of dark brown masonry paint on her office carpet. She uses it for esoteric model making purposes of which I do not ask questions.
 
And so, there was much rending and griping as I spent two hours killing the carpet cleaner when I should have been working.

It was declared that but for love it could have been murder. To my wife's credit, for she is nothing but the best of spouses, she ponied up for a cheeky takeaway as a gesture of thanks.

To be fair, I did risk her wrath on Wednesday, when I learned that ooking out of the window of my 3rd 2nd floor studio when DHL arrive with your neutrona wand and shouting "We got one!" Is ok...
 
As long as your wife is NOT on a phone call to her civil service overlords.
 
But look, it was a thing of beauty and I have another on the way as well as two proton packs arriving in about 14 months to go with them:
 





Much happiness ensued, and even the memsahib was impressed, she being a GB fan too!

Saturday was a nightmare, as we spent 11 hours sitting at the table in the conservatory (a convenient 8x3 feet of very solid mango wood) sorting through over 4000 castings from which we put togethr 800+ multipart figures for the backers of the Dwarven Cavalry Kickstarter, weighing in in at 55 kilos.

It was hard and painful work and Shrubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the he-depths of the Slor that day I can tell you. I spent this morning in a long hot bath, well away from anything miniature related (after a half hour up in the studio prepping for Monday) and then dozed on the sofa after promising myself that I'd read more of the wonderful Giant Under The Snow. Alas, I appear to be in the twilight of my life and fatigue comes upon me with ease.

I was awakened by the weight of three of the Fackham Hall pack on my legs and the gentle 'I found it cry' from the lips of the memsahib, who against all odds and expectations had indeed found my most treasure non-sentient posession, the original Games Workshop carrier bag, which as some may recall vanished a few months ago.


It is now safely mounted in a 12" album frame awaiting display in the Rumpus Room, that temple in the making, just across the courtyard of the main Fackham Hall building.

And that's about all for this week. I gues I really should begin thinking about what the next 2400 figures I add to the Rumpus Room in 2022 will be, but I think that will be something I do after I close for Christmas on December 10th, and have more free time, to indulge my whims.

Stay safe and TTFN!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...