Giant Pain

Hi All,

I have decided that from Summer 2022, I'll not be offering any of the Satanic Panic miniatures for sale or adding others, once the Giants have al been finished by Martin and sent to KS Backers.

It's been a good ride, and a great time, working with Backers and fans of my ideas to recreate the models twhich so many of us cut our gaming teeth on.

After posting the first of the completed Giant sets yesterday, amongst the 'likes' and positive comments, was one long exchange of PMs which left me thinking 'Why am I wasting my own hobby time and weekends?'

It's not how I make my living, it's a bit of shared lunacy with others and so, when someone has come along who wants to just rant and dig up the metaphorical garden, the end result is that I have to weigh up whether spending my time and at least as much money to match that raised via you wonderful people is what I want to be doing at 53 years old.

Anyway, here's the exchange which was actually pointless and which probably marks a 'scorched earth' campaign against this wonderful little old school experiment...

Fri 19:16
 
Phil Gregory: Hi Mark, I thought I would just talk to you in the private messages rather than on that board. Because I don’t want to seem like I’m being negative. I totally get that you let the artist do it his way, but what I am saying is you are posting pictures of greens for new models, and yet the kickstart it has not been fulfilled.
 
I’m all for seeing new work I like your stuff I think the models of the Knowles and the hobgoblins with great.
 
But I would like to receive what we paid for ages ago.
 
Surely the green is being shown should be the first project and not some side project?
 
MH: How do you mean? This is the first finished body set for the giants not a new kickstarter
 
MH: I'll refund you on Saturday as you obviously are not familiar with the Satanic Panic method
 
Phil Gregory: Oh right.. that’s what I asked you. Is this a bowling giant.. you said No
 
MH: I create with KS not use it as a sales platform
 
Phil Gregory: Hence me feeling frustrated
 
Phil Gregory: And regardless, I’m not being unreasonable. Something paid for in the summer should be delivered by Christmas in a reasonable world
 
MH: There are more than just the two bowling bodies and Martin sculpts in the order he sees fit. It's a massive undertaking. I'll refund you in full, Phil
 
Phil Gregory: No thankyou.
 
I have waited this long . I think it reasonable to deliver.
 
I got confused because I THOUGH you were showing greens for a new project.
 
Phil Gregory: Which , I’m sure you’d agree wouldn’t be right
 
MH: I never show greens because I use Kickstarter as it was intended - a creative platform. I think perhaps a refund is best and then you can decide if you want a giant when they are released to the retail market late 2022 or early 2023. The refund has been initiated and should be in your account in the next few days
 
Phil Gregory: See dude. That is so wrong. I am so unbelievably pissed off.
Your attitude stinks.
 
Phil Gregory: I have waited months for those figures and when I question your BLATANT lack of commitment .. you spit the dummy
 
MH: Blatant lack of commitment?
 
I have shown the pics of the first sculpts and that's a lack of commitment? No dummy spitting here, just responding to your comments by ensuring you are fully recompensed.
 
Phil Gregory: never asked to be recompensed. I simply ask that you honour our contract
Do what you say
Keep your word
 
Phil Gregory: Take the money send the figure
 
MH: I have not done otherwise having supplied pics to all backers within minutes of my receiving the first sculpt images.
 
Phil Gregory: Yes.. and I ASKED YOU is that the figures… to which You said No.
 
So I assumed you had moved onto another project before fulfilling the other one. It was a miscommunication. I was polite if terse
 
Phil Gregory: So now we’ve had a fall out over a miscommunication
 
MH: I've not 'fallen out 'with anyone. I use Kickstarter as a creative platform not for income and I'm sorry if that's not what you expected. Equally if you are unhappy I do not want to hold your 20 quid
 
Phil Gregory: It WAS my error in describing the giants as the bowlers
 
MH: The bowlers are two models from a larger range nothing more and I can only post pics as the models are sculpted
 
Phil Gregory: Fair enough.. no issue with that. As I say I THOUGHT. You were showing a new project which irked me
 
MH: Please excuse me but I will pick up tomorrow as I've had a 13 hour day at work in the studio
 
Phil Gregory: Ok last message. Apologies for getting the wrong end of the stick. I just wanted my figure

 

Comments

  1. What a bell end…

    It’s a shame, but dealing with people who lack communication skills and the ability to emotionally self-regulate doesn’t seem worth it.

    All over £20…

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave your praise and vitriolic commentary here...

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...