Hammerhead 2022 Approaches

 Well, it seems that Hammerhead is going ahead as planned, including a tabletop sale.


https://www.hammerheadshow.co.uk/

You may wonder why I am so 'pro 2nd hand'. It's quite simple, I love bring and buys. I ran one at a well known northern show for a couple of decades, and I can tell you that for the sellers they generate a LOT of money, most of which goes back into the pockets of the traders at a show. This may not equate to the same 'cash in pocket' effect for organisers, but it does increase the chances of traders making return bookings the folowing year.

In the 43 years I've gamed, there have always been bring and buys, and they have always been busy places. Overcrowding has been due in some cases to the fact that the organisers use a crappy little room. A well run second hand area will flow nicely. The main thing is to stop dealers from hogging the space rather than selling them a trade stand as is right and proper. 

Show organisers KNOW who the dealers are and turn a blind eye - STUPIDLY

In the case of the B&B I ran, we barred dealers - period. It worked a treat. 

Hmmerhead's tabletop sale is not perfect, but it's a draw for me and I suspect many others. Give me less display games, but better display games, and a 2nd hand sales area, be it tabletop sale or bring and buy, and I'll be happy. I do NOT want to look at a poorly presented, half finished 'display game' and pay money to do so, nor do I want to watch a bunch of rules lawyers playing competitions on green hardboard tables, again, paying to do so. I want eye candy, bargains, hookers and new ranges at a show. 

And I can be flexible with regards to the new ranges.



TTFN


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...