Horror By Mail...

 Another week has passed, with ups and downs and a 50 hour working week.

We've been living in a bomb site for 5 days as our builders finished the restrucruring of the garden to the side of the games room to creat a low maintenance area for our 5 terriers, with a selection of fir trees in halved whisky barrels being added to add a little visual interest (yes, there will be lights in them once they get established.

We also had to have the conservatory re-tiled thanks to the original tiling which was installed only two years ago by our old builders who got a little lax with their work ethic. In the end it has meant the loss of 4 customers for them, but on the upside we've got a second chance to get things as we want them, in our autumn years. But as you may imagine, it's made life stressful but not unbearable.

What was unbearable however was what I received when I spent a fairly substantial sum on a lovely Eldar army for WH40K, last weekend...

It was a beautifully painted army which had taken best army in one of the Grand Tournament 2018 rounds and I really liked it, with it's purple and turquoise scheme. 

On Tuesday, it arrived, and alarmed by a substantial 'rattle' as the box was handed over, I carefuly opened it to reveal:










It was an absolute horror story. At present, the seller has not arranged a return, and whilst it means I have spent some money for nothing, it's the destruction of a piece of wargames beauty which hurts the most.

The packaging is exactly as you see in the pics - essentially nonexistent.

A cautionary tale to sellers I fear...

Anyway, I was fortunate that my painter hapenes to be having a break from 40K, an so after a little negotiation last night, I bought his striking 'Red Scorpions' Marine force:




















My painter also delivered the last chunk of my 28mm Covenanter project this week, but I have not had time to unpack it. 

As soon as I have finished this latest epistle, and complete prepping work for the week ahead, I'll be sitting down and working out a number of 28mm and 15mm armies to send off for painting. I'm still not certai what I'll choose, but as usual, they'll be large, self contained projects.

Well, if you will excuse me, I'll sign off, and wish you all the best for the coming week.


TTFN


Comments

  1. Oh, that damage is heartbreaking. I've been clearing out a lot of bits and bobs and package the hell out of it. Goodness knows what the seller was thinking in this case!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave your praise and vitriolic commentary here...

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...