Go Ahead... Mecha My Day

 Well, I am still testing positive for the dreaded lurg, so as I can't go out, I may as well start working on my pile of Battletech models this coming weekend.

'Pile' is no exaggeration, as I have 22 of the 'Force Packs', each of which contains 4-6 models with 2 sets of th core rules, plus the Clan Invasion set, for a total of 125 models!

Inbetween stages of work yesterdy, I was priming the first lance of 4 models, and they really do take spray paints well. I am adopting the same methods I use for micro armour, which should give a nice finish. I am going for a very traditional camo look, as the trend towards 40K paint jobs is abhorrent to me. I always loved the artwork on the original carboard stand ups, so that's what's driving me.

I'll post images of my progress, as they roll out of the mech production line.

I have been mulling which rules to use with the 700+ Traveller minis I bought. They have to have a nice 80s sci-fi feel, and fast mechanics, so feel free to make suggestions. 

Yesterday I bagged a first edition of the GDW Snapshot rules, which are really only for small combats, but what made it exciting was the fact that it is still in the original shrinkwrap, so it's going to be as close to the original feeling of opening a new game when I was a kid as I can get.

Beyond that, there's nothing else to report, but it is only Tuesday after all, and that means there's plenty of time for gaming related action before the end of the week.


TTFN



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...