Hammerheads, Roses & Giant Robots

 Whew!


Another week of my life shoots past and the wooden box gets a bit closer...

But let's be maudlin, Spring is in the air and it was Hammerhead at the weekend. Most importantly for me personally, was the chance to get an al too brief chance to meet up in person with Roger and one of his boys, who it seems is catching the bug for this fine hobby.

Hammerhead always has a great vibe and is deliberately family friendly. I'd have liked to see a few more traders but it was a great show, with a great footfall and a tabletop sale - which had nothing for me! 

I went straight to see Mr Dave Thomas, and pretty much cleared him out of Wars Of The Roses, buying almost 1000 infantry and close to 100 cavalry plus artillery. This purchase resulted in derision and scorn from Roger, but what does he know? I mean, he plays Napoleonics - talk about niche.

When I got home on Sunday, I stil had to order a few bit from Perrys directly.

Today, I am waiting for the delivery of the Grand Manner scenery I bought at Christmas, and there's quite a bit:

AMC98 Large Mill house / barn   
AMC13 Colonial Tavern              
AMC19 Brick Town House           
AMC74 Plank House                   
EE17 Destroyed Log Cabin & Fence
EE16 Burnt Timber Cabin
ME89 Raised Post Windmill - Naseby
ME11 Stone Farm House
ME12 Stone Barn & Stables
LS26 Stone Bridge
ME20 Crofters Cottage Collection - 3 crofts and a wall set
ME50 Church Collection - church, graveyard, walls and liche gate, plus stone cross
AMC82 Stone Well

Yesterday, I managed to bag the last 6 sets of the current releases of Battletech figures from Catalyst Game Labs which, with the two core sets and Clan Invasion set, means I am facing around 150 mechs on the paint desk! But I intend to steel myself and get them done.

Well, if you will excuse me, I have just seen the time, and I have a serious piece of display grade paintwork to finish today.

Now, bugger off and enjoy the feeling of Spring approaching...


TTFN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...