Well That's A Bugger...

Well, after 2 years of avoiding the bullet, the one with both name of your correspondent and the Memsahib, struck home yesterday, when we both tested positive for Covid... This, despite being quadruply vaccinated and one bad assed motherfucker! (allegedly, if you listen to my enemies)

BUGGER!

Rumours that it was my gaming buddy, jealous at me having filled the slots of our chosen painter for the next 20 years, spiking me are grossly exaggerated. He's too nice for that, although, he seemed miffed today when I reported inb as till on this dirt ball, after promising him my 28mm Covenanters if I carked it...

I have just finished a twelve hour shift in my studio after a 5AM wake up this morning, but I confess that I did need a one hour sleep at midday as I was frankly, fucked.

However, ther was a little bit of gaming joy at 6AM when I purchased 743 original 15mm Traveller figures at 25 cents each. Even with 90 dollars of shipping (I fear Roger just collapsed upon reading that) it was a great price.

I have no plans for them in terms of what I'll use them for, but they take me back to being a young teenager again, and  - sit down before reading further - I enjoy painting these Perry sculpted gems. They are just so bloody perfect as the 80s sci-fi aesthetic.

Not for me the 40K silliness. Yes, I know I have dabbled but I like my sci-fi 'hard'.

Speaking of hard, as I commented to a certain acquaintance yesterday, the bug has ravaged my lips, leaving them cracked an calloused. I believe I referred to them as being 'as chapped as a French whore's flaps'. I can highly endorse the lip balm made by London perfumier Penhaligon as a cure. It's very expensive, but your lips are worth it.

 

                                                    NOT me, today... I am of course better looking.

After all, you never know when you may need to pucker up for that big discount on an order do you?


TTFN

Comments

  1. Bummer to read that, but I am sure that you'll come through it okay. Being hard as nails will help, of course! :)
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave your praise and vitriolic commentary here...

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...