It's A Game... Nothing More.

 Greetings all,

I was trolling around in the local 'Emaus' charity warehouse today, seraching for a cabinet in which to store the Grand Manner buildings that are currentlt, somewhat haphazardly strewn around the Rumpus Room, and I am pleased to say I was successful in doing so.

Moreover, I purchased this fine figure, because I've always been one for a bit of fun.

May I present 'Judge Playfair Roughneck', the Fackham Hall 'Rules Lawyer' to be awarded after any game, wherein a player is more interested in the minutiae than the game itself.

It's well known that 99% of the time my friends and I are all dedicated to the art of playing with toysoldiers. BUT, we are but mortal and it may one day come to pass that one of us, in a fit of despair, reaches for the rules and causes a scene over something or other.

Of course, it's unlikely to happen, but now  Judge Playfair will be keeping his eye on what goes on in the Rumpus Room. 

A sobering and salutory warning against putting the mechanics before a good game.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...