Of Kings & Things

 Well, the day of reckoning for the British Crown approaches.

A week today, the forces of the Solemn League & Covenant will be facing the forces of of His Royal Travesty, King Charles upon the field of battle.



I'm in training,  humming the theme tune to 'Rocky', shadow rolling and sometimes actually rolling dice. I am even working out with a D100 to build up the wrists.

Yesterday was a bit of a dark day from the point of 70s and 80s popular culture with the passing of Andy Fletcher of Depeche Mode, and Yes drummer Alan White. As a big yes fan, I was particularly saddened. I met him at a fan 'meet and greet' a few years back and he was one of the most down to earth of the bunch and clearly enjoyed meeting the fans. 

 

I was awake yesterday morning at 4AM, and ended up outside in the Rumpus Room at 5AM, listening to Radio 4 and sorting out figures and terrain, my 5 terriers, enjoying chasing off the dawn chorus. Needless to say, I was shattered last night, and so was treated to one of those hyper real dreams, wherein I was having a conversation with Sir Ian Livingstone, who was answering questions  and also commenting on where I'd gone wrong with my own game store in the 90s.

The subconscious is a hell of a drug!

Well, if you will excuse me, I need to go and prepare for one last shift in the fields before I take a week off.


TTFN


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...