The Din Of Battle

 Well, the Jubilee game was a cracker.

We did not get as much play as we'd have liked, due to 'real world' issues, which must always come first. without question.

The chance to play a game with great people, one of whom I am rushing to make up lost time with as we hit the late summer of life, is something which gives me pleasure of a type I can't express strongly enough.

My brother was back at the wargames table for the first time since our father passed, which was also brilliant.

There was banter, snide comments, terrible dice rolls and cameraderie, punctuated by a nice traditional buffet lunch which my ever obliging and long suffering wife (the Memsahib) put together, and then Roger's wonderful lady, arrived from a day's shopping trip with afternoon sweetmeats.

As you may imagine it was tempered by farewells, but nonetheless it was a belter of a day!

Here are a few pics of the day's play, kindly snapped as we played by my brother, Andy. 




































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...