Of Small Dogs & Little Men

 Firstly, an update on our Scottie.


She had surgery yesterday and after 4 hours a 3cm stone was removed from her intestines. Luckily it appears her pipework itself wasn't damaged, so no resectioning of the intestine was needed.

Her chemistry was back to normal, and she was given anti-emetics which kicked in by 10PM.

We were informed but the surgeon that the following 48 hours were the riskiest, and that it was possible she'd need to be moved to an intensive care centre across town.

By midnight we'd heard nothing, so that was sort of good news.

I managed 3 hours of disturbed sleep, and as soon as I finish up here, I am off to bed for an hour. Whilst subdued, Maggie walked out of her kennel this morning.

Her breathing and temperature has stabilised and her chemistry still seems OK.
 
The main concern wass that she was not eating, which given that she’s not done so since Wednesday morning is the main concern.
 
However she got through the first of the two critical nights.
 
I called again, about an hour ago, and Maggie had literally just started eating as I was on the phone. It's her first meal in 4 days, so as you may imagine, it's quite a relief to us both.
 
Fingers crossed now that she keeps on going in the right direction.
 
I've had a lot of time on my hands today, waiting for the calls, so I transformed fatigue into creativity, getting the Lancastrian half of my WOTR project, stuck down and the gloss varnish applied, ahead of basing and matte varnishing.
 
The artillery was already done, but I include pics here to show the army in it's entirety.
 



 

And now if you will excuse me, I need an hour in the arms of Morpheus...


TTFN

Comments

  1. Great that she seems to be on the mend. Eating is always a good sign isn't it? Our little friends are so dear to us and really enter our hearts.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave your praise and vitriolic commentary here...

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...