Another Year...

 Well, I reached the venerable age of 54, when the alarm went off this morning - Hussah!

So, as is the tradition, I forgive my enemies and shall release the slaves from the oubliette below the Dark Tower here at Fackham Hall - don't worry; The hunting Scotties will track them all down later, and they'll be back in the cheese and onion mines by sundown.

I'm also at the mid part of my annual summer holiday, and we're off to Cartwright Hall in Bradford today, one of my favourite art galleries.

We attended the Britcon show last Saturday in searing temperatures, and despite that it was a good little trade show. I was sorely tempted by a couple of things on the bring and buy but my resolve held firm. 

However, that temptor Mr Dave Thomas had the new Masters Of The Universe: Battle Ground game on sale, and for some reason, I weakened and bought the core set and first wave of expansions.




This is a high quality game, with superb components and miniatures which are quite intricate little kits, beautifully scaled.

I was never even a Masters Of The Universe fan, preferring Dungeons & Dragons and Dangermouse, but I am realy looking forward to playing this.

Ihave been reading the Helion title on the Tudor military machine in the 16th century, an excellent 440+ page tome with some nice reconstructions of Henrican uniforms.

I have deliberately staeyed out of my studio for any work reason, but I have mulled over my own hobby, and have taken the big decision to totaly rebuild my historical miniatures collection within a year. The cost is going to be frightening, but I've costed it, planned it, and have decided that I want the very best experience for both myself and friends when the Rumpus Room sees action.

Well, if you will excuse me, I must away and shower...



TTFN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...