Elves In, (some) Elves Out And The End Of Time

 Another week passes, and I'm in a lot of pain from some issue with the outer coating on my foot bones dergrading which, I've exacerbated by standing a bit too long on a hard floor. 'Painkillers' you say - if only. Nothing is helping, and it's my own sorry-assed fault because I was too involved in unpacking 22KG of Elves from the estate of the late Joe Dever, creator of the Lone Wolf books.

I am awaiting bone density scans, so hopefully that will confirm the suspicions of my consultant and some treatment will hopefully be forthcoming down the line.

Anyway, I got the Elves all unpacked. The collection is esentially the Alternative Armies 'Crystal Elves' range, with 'upgrades' taken from the AA 'Flintloque' range.

Whilst I wanted a 'High Fantasy' army, I didn't want gunpowder weapons, so I culled 8 artillery pieces, 3 cavalry units and an infantry regiment, alonf=g with some Generals.

Here's what there is, if you want any of them drop me a line HERE

 

Cavalry Regiment C £100



Cavalry Regiment B - £100



General F £10


General E £10


General D £10


General C £10


General B £10


General A £10


Cavalry unit A £100



Foot Battery £30


Horse Battery C  £50


Horse Battery B £50

They are priced at around bare metal price because I want them to find new homes with fans of Joe, without scalping.


Anyway, it left me with a sizeable army, with massive (for fantasy) units:
























This morning I've ordered another foot regiment which will have two command groups, representing the Royal Guards, comprised of the 'Day Watch' and 'Night Watch' uniquely attired and brigaded together in the field. I also ordered some of the Elven Duellists, to represent the commanders of the 5 infantry brigades and the Guard. I already have oficers for the three cavalry brigades.

Now, I'm really pleased with these models. I love gloss varnished models and I weep tears of joy when I see green filler for basing. It takes me right back. And, to think that these models belonged to one of my gaming heroes, just makes it all the better.

I fully intend to try and keep the style of Joe's work, and perhaps 'round out' what must have been a labour of love . I think that an opposing army made up from Mark Copplestone's Dark Elves sculpted for Grenadier Miniatures, but for now, that way madness lies.

My order arrived from Denizen the other day and as expected, they are stunning sculpts which still metaphorically castrate other ranges.

As I tucked into my Sunday breakfast of eggs, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, toast, beans and sausage  porridge and last weekend's Yorkshire Post (I never finished the Country Living section last week) my 'Dancers At The End Of Time' trilogy arrived from an overly enthusiastic courier.

 


It must be more around 20 years since I last read the series, and, as I have a serious need for Moorcock (stop sniggering at the back) and what better place to start than at the end of time.

The trilogy and the associated novellas represents Michael Moorcock at his best, with the exception perhaps, of the 'Von Bek cycle' - also in the post as I write, along with the 'Legends From The End Of Time' anthology.

 Well, the time has come to bid farewell for the present as time is passing like a Ghost Chilli through a hamster and I have lots still to do.


TTFN



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...