Progressing Towards Year's End With A Skip & A Smile

 Well, we are now safely into the period where it is reasonable to play the Jethro Tull Christmas Album and I have been reviewing the year's acquisitions.

Despite deciding to start over with my collection, for which I am constantly mocked by my best friend (it's his right of course and I would expect nothing else) it's looking good. 

I am hoping to have it all rounded out and painted in about 12 months, if I can sort of the pile of shiny new lead into units amd get the brifs written up. Of course, it's already been paid for in advance, as always (after all, that way it's all done and dusted).

I've taken the tabletop to another level too, with the teddy bear fur mats making the rest of the terrain look even better.

Yesterday, my sci-fi buildings from Scotia arrived and I got confirmation that two units of 1980s vintage 25mm troops for Battletech are now on their way to me from the U.S, wrapping up my sci-fi project. They will be re-based but not repainted as I wish to preserve the old school look of them. Besides, colonial militias always get taken to the cleaners by better equipped troops:




So, now it looks as if the only thing on my list is 1/3000th naval. I'm currently negotiating a very delicate deal which runs to four figures, and I hope to be able to reveal this in due course, but it's been like a minefield for the last five days, as I crossed I's and dotted T's. In the end I had to draw a metaphorical line in the sand, and I hope that has had the effect of settling things down to a simple matter of commerce.

I'm also waiting for the delivery of a complete set of the 'Basic Fantasy' RPG. This is a retro clone under open license of the Basic D&D system of yore. You can download everything for free here:

https://www.basicfantasy.org/

But, you can also buy it in a print on demand format as cost. That's right, the publishers make it available at cost, because they are not a commercial business, just dedicated gamers. This means that you can get hold of hard copies of everything for around £70, and it's a very good looking game, with lots of genuine old school appeal.

I looked at the Steel Warrior show website this morning and it seems that there are no changes to the list of traders with under ten traders lconfirmed. Now either they are not finding traction based on the experiences of traders back when the same people were running Triples, or they are doing exactly what they did back then, and not updating their site, which is a few minutes work as I proved when this became apparent around 2014/15. We are less than 4 months away from the show, so this looks tatty.

Well, the clock is telling me that it's time to go and begin another 10 shift at the coal face of wargaming, so I'll bid you farewell, and leave you with this little thought:


TTFN


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...