Ratspike, Blood And Iron

 As you may know, I am a big fan of fantasy art books, particularly the Mirage, Dragon's Dream and Paper Tiger imprints.

However, in the 80s Games Workshop published a couple which I had but which had to be movrd on as we fought to keep our heads above water after the loss of Dungeons & Starships in the late 90s.

The easier of the two to find at the high end of 'fairly priced' is Blood & Iron by Les Edwards who is a superb imagineer of the macabre:

 
 
The harder find is Ratspike by Ian Miller and John Blanche. Now I confess that I am 'meh' when it comes to Miller, but Blanche is almost up there with Patrick Woodroffe,. I have owned some of Blanche's work and I have been in the presence of Woodroffe's work, when he kindly invited the memsahib and I to the opening of his preview of his 60th birthday exhibition in his adopted home of Falmouth. But I digress; the Ratspike book commands prices that even I go a little wobbly about.
 
 

Anyway, in one of those rare situations you sometimes find, I managed to bag both volumes at once yesterday, albeit at a 'brown trouser' price. But I reckon that after a really hard year in the studio, I deserve something a little special from me, to me this Christmas.

Now, I need to find the autographed invite to that 60th birthday bash. I know I have it somewhere...


TTFN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...