The Old School Motherlode

 Well, I promised news of another addition to my lead pile. And... It's a lead pile.

Please excuse the pictures. They are the pics I was sent by the seller and lack the lush gaming room and kitchen worktop shots I normally use as backgrounds.

I spent a rather up and down ten days of negotiations to bag around 3000 pre and early slotta figures. Then there was the matter of being unable to make an 8 hour round trip to collect them, and the fact that the seller had to close his bank account after he was scammed.

Anyway, you can't keep a an old school limpet down and I was persistent and dedicated. We agreed that I would cover the cost of shipping, which I had expected - I also paid a lot to get it all insured, to the point that Parcel Force contacted me to ask what was so valuable and so heavy that it needed so much insurance - I told them to fuck off, in no umcertain terms as their own booking system was badgering me to pay £40 for the insurance alone.

We also managed to arrange for the seller's daughter to handle the transaction, and the ady in question was very helpful all the way through the process.

I also made a promise to the Scottish Terrier Emergency Care Scheme that I would make a significant donation if it all went through OK.

Well, it did:























 





















































Now, this is not all of it, you understand, and you will also understand that I am somewhat pleased with my purchase.

The only drawback is that it's been stored in a damp barn and thus, I have to get a mask on my face today, remove the models from the boxes, dispose of those boxes and give them all a bath in a disinfectant solution. 

Then, I have 5 litres (yes, LITRES) of Biostrip and a new sonic cleaner waiting for them. Of course there'll be some repair work on the mre fragile stuff, but my plan is to have these sent to a painter and get them put together in classic 'Good' and 'Evil' armies and play with them.

And yes, I am well aware that this is a gold mine, but that's not where I'm at with this purchase. It's all about the simple joy of sorting it and playing with it.

So now if you will excuse me, I have to go and get a shower, grab the filter mask and start my month's holiday.


TTFN


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...