500 Orcs On The Driveway

 You know, I can't resist a bargain. Yesterday, I was ble to purchase 100 sets of the pre-painted Nick Lund Orcs from EM4 at a very reasonable 80p per painted figure. These are metal of course which makes it a great purchase at £400 for 500 models.

 


The down side, is that they will be palletised for shipping and will have to be dropped on my driveway and physicaly humped into the house and thence to the games room for unpacking.

Oh yes... The unpacking.

These models are really well packed in boxes of five, so I have 100 boxes to open, remove the plastic insert, then the figures and the 5 x D20 that also come with each set. Experience tells me that the car will be absolutely chock full of cardboard and plastic, and what will I do with another 500 D20s?

I then plan to grab 60 or so archers, 40 wolf riders a chariot and some characters from Mirliton and get them off to my painter. Oh and a few bolt throwers because what's not to like about bolt throwers?

The memsahib is on high alert for a basing commission, which that my wallet will be on red alert for the purchase of garden centre vouchers in return for said services. (I have preempted the butcher's bill by acquiring two tickets to see Kate Rusby at Christmas - If you like traditional folk and want to hear what a proper Northern wassail sounded like, as well as be properly entertained, you must see Kate Rusby.

Get tickets here

I may repaint a few of the shields and the odd bit of clothing for variety, but all in all, it's a massive army for a bargain price.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...