Almost The Weekend

 Well, I am 4 bases away from the weekend, and I'm sat watching paint (and glue) dry for the next hour. 

I was listening to a podcast this morning and nearly spat out my coffee when I heard about a late 80s UFO report a few miles from where I was sitting.

What was mre arresting was that it was literally over the other side of a hill where I and several others also witnessed strange lights at about the same time, and which to this day remains imprinted on my memory. I reached out to a friend I'd not seen in 35 years, who witnessed the same thing  but from his own vantage point initially, and his response was the same.

I'd returned from the wargames club with the friend's brother on the last bus out into the sticks where my parents had dragged me for some obscure reason. One bus per hour into the city back then was barbarity of a level I'd never witnessed, let me tell you.

Anyway, as we got off the bus, my friend was coming across a patch of grassland over the road, pointing us towards the woods about a mile away. These woods are dense pine forest, and we watched as a a large light descended into them, followed a few minutes later by several small lights moving at speed through trees which I can tell you, you have to stoop and fight through. We watched this for some time, until as teenagers are wont to do, we all went our own ways home. However, we all watched from our homes as the activity continued for some hours.

The morning after I rode into town on a bus which passed close to the edge of the forest and on that tree line were several trucks and vans, all unmarked but painted a grey-blue.

And that was it for over 3 decades, until today when I heard the aforementioned account, and reached out to my friens, who being more familiar with the area than I was, pointed out that the area in the account was literally on the other side of the forest which is on a hillside. Now I am going to have to look int this in some depth... There goes another weekend.

To soothe my nerves, I made a little purchase today which came in at a very reasonable £68:


 Needless to say, I am going to paint and build this myself.

And now if you will excuse me, I need to go and starehard at some wet glue...


TTFN


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...