Orcs On The Plains

 



 

So, about these Steppe Orcs I've got a bee in my bonnet about.

I have already said that I've commissioned and paid for a small range of Orcs designed to be compatible with the old Chronicle stuff. Well, I'd like to develop these further if people support the range, but what I don't want is the same feel as the Western Orcs but in a different style. I want them to have an identity of their own.

So, they will largely be a mounted army with a few infantry armed with bows and spears. Artillery will be light in nature and will have wold drawn carts to pull them in a manner similar to 'galloper guns' of the 17th century (blame one Richard Smith for giving me that idea in a throw away FB comment the other day).

The Steppe Orcs will be an ally and enemy of the Hobgoblins and a pain in the saddle for the Steppe Dwarves.

The Satanic Panic 'world' exists solely in my addled and aged head, and of course I encourage you to tell your own stories.

My ideas are solely to make the ranges work together. One of the things which drew me to this hobby in 1981/82 was the idea of world building and telling stories with theses wonderful metal figures I'd discovered in a local toy shop and latterly GW when they came to town in late 82. At 55 years old, I still have those day dreams, and this is how I make them manifest.

If you like the sound of this, I am willing to inject my own pocket money into it. If not, I'll do it on a smaller scale and just stick them alongside my 500+ Grenadier and Chronicle Orc.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...