Monday, Monday...

 Well, another weekend has come and gone, but it's been one where much has been done.

Firstly, the memsahib, completed the basing of my ECW cavalry, dismounted dragoons, messengers and artillery:









Unfortunately, the flags are caught somewhere in the postal backlog caused by 4 inches of snow, so that is holding the completeion up. GRRR!

I'm just waiting for the infantry and mounted dragoons from the painter, and I have about 20 generals and hangers-on which I will be painting myself, sometime in the next decade. I did however bag 3 Foundry generals at the weekend, which will need a bit of rebasing and a hair colour change to make the Charles I inspired model, a general in the army of Parliament.

I've got the set from Old Glory which includes a surrender scene and officers in camp, and some mounted officers from Essex, because as you may know, I do have a weakness for Essex castings. Then I just ahve the dreaded baggage train to paint... I loathe painting wagons and guns, which is something I never thoughtI'd say, given that I've always enjoyed them in my younger days.

I'd contemplated quitting the hobby after my best friend cut all communications after our Christmas game, but then I thought that I've spent almost 45 years, moulding my life around this hobby, and to be honest, I'm probably at my most satisfied point, other than when I owned a game store. 

I'm financially comfortable, have a dedicated place to play games, great terrain and pretty much all the periods I want, well covered. So, why give in?

I'm having much of what I want sculpted as the sheer volume of figures I need for projects actually makes it cheaper to do that, so it's a win/win scenario.

So, onwards, ever onwards!

Last night I watched Dragonslayer for the first time. Yes I know, I know... It was made in 1981 so why did I not watch it then? Well, I was never turned on by the promos of it and I tend to shy away from Disney films (Tron being an exception, which I saw in the cinemas with my gaming buddy from school, on his birthday.

And, I have to say that I've been missing  damn fine film, through my stubborn embargo on films by The Mouse. Yes, let the record show I admitted to being wrong. Will wonders never cease?

Yesterday afternoon I opened the first 20 of 100 boxes of pre-painted Orcs and got the few paint niggles (mostly the nipple pink clothing on certain models) sorted in a coule of hours by simply slopping contrast paint over the pink areas, getting a more Orcish look with deep reds and oranges. A qcuick shot of matt varnish, and the first 100 Orcs are ready for basing. 400 more to go, for phase 1.

So, that was the weekend that was. Now, off to work I go.


TTFN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...