Get Off Your Horse...

 Well, so much for an Easter break, as I've been doing overtime for an old friend and client. But I'd only have crawled up to the studio anyway, so at least I am serving a nobler and higher purpose for my pains.

About 18 or 19 years ago,  when I was in the late Spring of life, I began bleating on that I'd really like to build a small Western town (no, not Burnley, the Wild West... Hang on, that could indeed be Burnley)~

This morning saw me acquire a complete Wild West set-up. I was fortunate enough, to be able to purchase Dave Docherty's 'Serenity Flatts' set-up, which is a lovely 'all you need' collection in 28mm and I'm sure that it will offer hours of play and endless scenario ideas.
 
I'm really, really looking forward to running some multi-player games, including some 70s 'cop show' scenarios and Lovecraftian horror alongside 'proper' Western games. I dare say a Delorean may also make an appearance...
 
I'm also looking at making the train 'live' by also adding electrically connected track and a digital controller, given that it's Bachmann oN30 scale rolling stock that was used.


Here are a few pics:

 

 














TTFN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...