Go East Young Man

 There comes a time in a man's life when he has to accept the inevitability of the human condition, and that Ottoman Turkish army becomes an ever increasing blip on the radar of existence.

And so it came to pass that this week, I acquired a 28mm army of same, mostly comprising of Hinchcliffe castings, as is only right and proper in the eyes of the almighty.











Now, I wanted to also use this for fantasy, so I decided to also do a downgrade of the shot, to bows and crossbows, so I had to head over to eBay to sort that out and did so admirably. Some minor daubing and a base job and they will do very nicely:





A few more eBay purchases added Vlachs, Feudal Spahis and a really nice unit of Spahis of the Porte:





And then, I turned my eyes towards making it do double duty as a fantasy 'Men Of The East' army, and I bagged a rather lovely looking unit of totally outrageous infantry, replete with all the cliches one would expect:

My thanks to Dave Wood of the Dear Tony Blair blog for identifying these as Der Kriegspielers 'Not Haradrim Honest' models,  and almost 50 years old. Wonderful models...


TTFN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...