A Quick Update After A Busy Week...

 Well, despite the Memsahib not being at all well, we had to make the effort to go the three miles to the Joy Of 6 show, on Sunday.

The Memsahib was not well enough to walk around the show, so was taken straight to the cafe area where she held court, being friends with many gamers across the country and even in her reduced state, managing some of her glow.

I delivered a few thousand models to several clients and collected a load more for painting, before heading to the cafe myself to have a really fun chat with friends. 

I wasn't in shopping mode, but I was drawn back to some 80s Cold War microarmour gaming. So, that is something I plan to undertake myself, rather than contracting out. I managed to get hold of the Bruce Rea-Taylor lists and digests yesterday thanks to the generous James Hamilton, who agreed to sell his set to me, so it's full speed ahead to the planning stage.

I finally cleared some space which has been filled with a friend's figures since what has become known as 'The Christmas Incident', so now a line can be drawn under that and some more positive gaming undertaken.

In the last week things have gone into overdrive to the point that I can't keep up with the influx of models.

Firstly, I took delivery of a large Wings Of War collection. It's a game I used to play a lot and so, I thought it was time to start playing again. With 51 aircraft in the collection, I expect some serious fun to be had.

The Fantasy project has hit a paper strength far beyond expectations:


PAINTED

556 Nick Lund Orcs

660 Essex and Custom Cast Humans

430 Dixon Oriental Goblins

100 Ral Partha Elves

224 Essex Goblins 

24 Satanic Panic Dwarf cavalry


UNPAINTED

60 Reider Design Goblin Guards

120 Satanic Panic Lesser Goblins

105 Copplestone Halflings

64 Essex Gnomes

24 Essex Centaurs

24 Essex Knights of Evil

72 Ral Partha Goblin Wolf Riders

20 Chronicle Warg Riders

80 Chronicle Kobolds

180 Oathmark Skeletons

90 Oathmark Dwarves 

 

The current target date for this lot is November 2023.

I will be adding stuff like dragons, Ents and other large stuff, as I go along and will probably paint those myself.


I also received the next batch of Bloody Miniatures ECW figures for my skirmish plans, and in a similar way to how I got my Western set up after about 12 years of mulling on the desire for such a set up, I bagged a FIW skirmish set up comprised of of over 300 figures, plus wagons, artillery and canoes, all nicely painted and ready to go on the table. Of course, I already have a lovely terrain set for such actions with well over 14o pine trees and a very nice snow effect teddy fur mat.


Anyway, here are a few rndom pics of some of the week's arrivals here at the Dark Tower, in no particular order:






























 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...