The Wolves Are Weady!

 Well, my plan was to get my 114 Ral Partha CS series wolves finished over my holiday. And, only 7 days into said holiday, all of them are done.

It's taken 9 hours to paint 114 models, from start to finish. I decided to interpret them as I would have when I fist saw them, using varied browns rather than the en vogue 'Husky' style models you see.

I was always inspired by the pictures of Joe Dever's games with packs of these little buggers swarming ahead of Orcs and their kin.




 

I used a series of brown spray paints for the base coats along with white and black. I then used a number of Rowney F.W liquid acrylics to shade them before adding a couple of drybrush layers, adding the eyes and teeth.

When these are based and all mixed together they'll look splendidly savage in an old school style.

As I type, I've just had the final box of figures delivered to complete my fantasy project and so they can go to my painter later today. I'm working on a couple of bits myself too, but essentially, I just have to sit back and wait fro them to flow back to me, painted and ready for varnishing and basing.

I think I have around 160 wolfe riders and wolves in total, so perhaps a couple more units to round them out.

Well, if you'll excuse me, I need to go and have a day with the Memsahib in the Peak District and get me some fresh air and sunshine.


TTFN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...