City Walls, Bathtubs and Goblins

 Saturday was a busy day.

Autumn is my favourite season, so I like to mooch around the countryside looking for decent places to get a seasonal lunch, some highbrow, others less so, but all serving good earthy flavours.

When we returned to our humble home here at the Dark Tower, having looked at a few prospective locations for a house move, I wandered up to the studio and set about getting the rest of the stonework on the 28mm city walls I bought, done and dusted. I' hoped to get a few pices done, but in 3 hours I'd done 6 walls, 2 masive towers, a gatehouse, the royal gates and the royal quarters. So, in total I've spent two days and apart from the woodwork and bit of detail such as door handles and frames, the massive city walls are adone - well ahead of my December target.



 For reference purposes, the figure in the first pic is a Games Workshop LOTR figure, so you can see how large this is, and can imagine I am sure, how epic it will look on the table.

In other news, you may recall that I 'killed' a bath the other week, whn I dropped my freshly delivered copy of 'Talking Miniatures' into the empty tub, punching a hole in it which I did not see at first, being more bothered about said tome. Of course there was a minor flood and some fiorm but fair words from the memsahib.

This morning I was able to finally take a bath, after my kindly builder made me his first call after his two week holiday in Turkey. The bill was £450 which included a rather nice traditional metal bath, which should hopefully not die quite so easily. The upside to this is that metal tubs keep the water warmer, for longer - perfect for a Sunday soak with a good book or two.

As it stands therefore, Operation Weird Shit is well ahead of schedule.

Speaking of weird shit, the latest Satanic Panic Miniatures range has been announced this weekend.

I give you Grübbsnot and his Cavern Goblins:


Well, if you will excuse me, the day's pasing a frightening pace, so I'll bid you a farewell and go and do some reading in a comfy chair...


TTFN


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...