For The Shire!

 Just a quick update on the immense fantasy project. 

I just received some pics from my painter who has completed about half of the Halfling brigade and a few of the Centaur herd:




They remind me so much of the stuff that wowed me as a kid, painted by the late Pete 'Greblord' Armstrong. I really wanted to have some figures which invoked the feel of and paid their respects to this early innovator in painting and I was pleased to credit my painter with so doing. I'm getting close to the 2000 painted figures mark for this project and have now planned another 600 to take the final tally to 4000 pieces.

The Halflings are mainly Copplestone Castings with some Grenadier (again Mark Copplestone) cavalry and a single Gripping Beast, whilst the Centaurs are Essex Miniatures - which I love.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...