A Bit Of Classic Meier Magic Arrives, And Is On The Table In Six Hours

I had spent Saturday as you know, working on the addition of flags to the current batch of fantasy stuff which had been completed, as well as adding a dozen or so to units I already had, but which needed their own identities.

On Saturday morning the postie delivered what I think of as a key part of my Forces Of Evil, in the form of the Sorcerer On Litter. On Sunday morning at 10AM, I sat at my desk, and at 4PM I stood up and went downstairs with the model fully painted and based to a pleasing old school standard:








Six hours, start to finish is pretty impressive, if I say so myself, as this is not an easy piece to work on. 

I used undercoats in both black and white to get the requisite contrasts. 

The Sorcerer himself ( Vendar Crookback ) was white undercoated to allow me to get a frail, sickly look to his skin. I decided to not make him elderly but rather as is if he was a young man who has dabbled in too much of the wrong kind of deviant magic.

For the litter I worked on black and used more vibrant colours and tones to throw the Sorcerer into bold relief. The ornate carpet, with it's scattered magical tools, black panther and blonde concubine, all 'pop'.  Those of you who understand my love of the band, 'Rush', will note my nod to them in this piece.

The Bugbears were undercoated white and painted mostly with Rowney 'FW' liquid acrylics. 

The next project will involve painting 12 more of the 'Bugbears' armed with clubs, to surround the litter and make a stunning Commander-In-Chief very much in the mould of the best fantasy bad guys.

For a model designed in the 70s, this is one hell of a piece and I would say that it's one of the 'must have' old school pieces by Tom Meier.

Well, if you will excuse me, another busy day at the creative coal face awaits me...


TTFN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...