A busy weekend ahead...

 Well, in the end we're off to Fiasco this Sunday, so I've made a shopping list of goodies I think I need. 

It's a larger list than I thought I'd need and some of the highlights are:

Starships - lots of them.

20mm Vietnam stuff - more helicopters, a load of M113s and trucks and a few huts.

Fantasy - Whatever catches my eye.

I know that Fiasco is maybe not the place I'd expect to find some of those BUT, I have been blind-sided before at this show and whilst it is a dark and gloomy venue, it may yet yield some surprise goodies.

I also have to unpack 3 bloody large boxes of Vietnam stuff which arrived on Wednesday morning, with a herniated postman. The hunchbacked, swearing and sweating postie, is alway the sign of great things to come and this will be no exception. I opened a couple of items and it's all looking good, but let me tell you, it was heavier than even I expected.

As I said, the weekend is going to be full. We have an Autumn tasting menu to partake of at our favourite restaurant, a farmer's market, Fiasco and of course I still have to unbox all of that 'Nam goodness.

With that in mind, I'll be working against the clock today as well as working off the effects of the combined Covid and Flu shots we had. It's a rock 'n' roll life that's for sure.

I love Autumn, but I don't love dark mornings like today has presented me with. I work under 3 24" inch white light rigs and on these dark mornings I live in fear of a passing airliner mistaking my studio for Leeds Bradford airport.

We've luckily just yesterday, got the trusty Volvo back from 4 and a half months of repairs after the memsahib's little accident in June, so at least we don't have to ride around in the godawful MG that the insurance company considered the equivalent of the XC40.

I've been listening to the war memoirs of the late Spike Milligan, and as expected, it's got me thinking about 20mm WW2 North Africa games, so I may take a little ramble down that road in 2024 as a diversion.

Speaking of starships, I ordered a 10x4 PVC space map with 50mm hexes on Tuesday from Tiny Wargames. I previously ordered a similar mat on lino, and they sent me one on flimsy cloth which was cheaper and awful and took 4 weeks to arrive - coming from Eastern Europe rather than the U.K.

I had to fight to get a refun and then they refunded me considerably less than I paid and were quite rude about it. BUT, they are the only place that make mats of that size, so I've been sort of forced to go back there again.

To be honest I am still not certain I'll get the right mat, but if I do, I'll be pleased to report it here. I have my fingers and indeed, everything else crossed, because the mat is something I need to make those lovely starships I bought, stand out on the table. Oh, yes, the fleet arrived on Saturday and was even better than it looked in the pics. I had 4 minor repairs which is pretty much standard for starship models on flying bases, and they are all now repaired and in the games room.

Of real interest to me are the forthcoming Oathmark Elf Cavalry, just announced and with 15 figures per box, they are a great way to expand the fantasy project in a logical direction, because one of the few troop types I have not yet bought are indeed Elf cavalry.

                                             Image courtesy of Northstar
 

Well, the penut butter, crumpets and coffee have run out, so I better sign off and go and do a day's work *sigh*

 

TTFN



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...