Jumping Out Of System En Route For Winter Quarters

 Well, 'Winter Quarters' is 11 days away.

As of 31st of October every year, I pretty much stop spending on figures and gaming, and stay in Winter Quarters until Vapnartak at York.

This gives me time to look at what I've acquired over the year, integrate it all into the 'Grand Plan' and to look at what I want to do with the next season's gaming.

I've done this for around 20 years now and it works well. Over the Winter I like to spend time in galleries, museums and restaurants rather than at shows, with the exception of Recon, which has a lovely festive feel and a general sense of wellbeing, in the style of the shows I loved as a kid.

I've been mulling the other things I loved playing back in the day, before gaming became a big fashion parade.

I played a lot of starship combat as a kid and built a rather large collection of models, painted in an array of colours, a collection I regret moving on at Triples 84. So, I've made a pocket money purchase of a tidy looking NSL fleet from Ground Zero Games on eBay this morning.

It was attractively priced and looks nice, so I'm happy.

In the New Year I'll start looking for an opposing force or may even paint one myself.


I think that 60+ models should be enough for a good game...


TTFN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...