More Troops Arrive To Bolster The Big Fantasy Project

 Well, I am well over the half way point now with Operation Weird Shit, AKA 'The Big Fantasy Project' and I am really pleased with how things are going.

This week, my painter has delivered the Centaur herds, Dwarves Of The Twin Peaks and the Halflings of the Shire Brigade.

I've got my Hinchcliffe Gargoyles finished this morning and now everything is drying off after the two standard varnish layers, and thence downstairs to the Memsahib's basing department.

Here are a few quick pics:
















The Dwarves comprise 7 regiments, of foot including 2 units of archers, 2 of plate armoured warriors and three units of warriors with light armour and spears. These will be reinforced with 6 units of cavalry.

The Shire Brigade comprises one unit of mounted Shire Marshals, 3 units of 'regular' archers, one of regular polearms and a unit of irregulars composed of the youths of the Shire who feel they have something to prove - not as well turned out as the other elements, but their numbers should get them through the worst of a fight.

The Centaurs represent 4 clan groupings along with two venerable 'Herd Lords' of the tribe. You rarely see Centaurs used these days, and when you do they are Chaotic types rather than 'true' Centaurs, which I think is a shame.

The Gargoyles are a simple but effective 'old school' paint job which looks the part I think and the fact that they are comprised of a single pose of model is hidden well, with the repositioning and flying posts. I am happy and I'd like to think that their designer, the late Peter Gilder would approve.


Right, as I have been at work since 7AM, I'll sign off here as I need to get a few chores done, before I spend an evening watching Tour of Duty and vintage Top Of The Pops shows ahead of the Partizan trip on the morrow.


TTFN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...