Partizan Was Fun...

 Newark was great fun. We only stayed for 4 hours, but we met up with a lot of 'known offenders' of long standing acquaintance who we had some fun chats with, which was great fun. Games were planned, ideas swapped and I think a good time had by all involved.

The memsahib went on a spree but I was more circumspect in my shopping which came out at 1 set of rules, 1 pot of paint and 8 banners for my Dwarven brigades.

I did notice a small twinge of attraction to a couple of historical periods, but a punch to the groin cured me on the spot. I was even able to give out a haughty 'PFFFT!' at two sets of Vietnam War figures and stare impassively at a display game. 

I confess however, that I did fawn and mewl somewhat at the superb Operation Resolute, Cold War 20mm game which in my humble opinion should have taken the best display game trophy, hands down.

The display games were good overall, but some were looking a bit 'samey', but who goes to shows to just look at games?


TTFN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...