The Build Up Of Forces Continues...

 Hi all,


I was reflecting yesterday, how the purchase of a £2.95 set or rules in 1984 for the Vietnam War, led to where I am now, with a burgeoning collection built up in just 10 days of serious application.

I suffered a minor setback when 4 plastic Hueys I purchased got beaten up by those Royal Mail V.C sympathisers.

So, that led to me deciding to go with diecast helos where possible and a frantic search worldwide for the UH-1B released with a magazine in 'Slick' and 'Hog' editions, sporting the insignia of the 1st Cavalry Division.

I did pretty well with 12 of the former and 2 of the latter.

With the addition of 3 OH-6 Cayuse, that will give me 2 Pink Teams, the HQ Loach and 3 slightly under strength lift platoons which will give me enough lift capacity for an entire Company of infantry in one go.

I'm now mulling over just how many M113s I'll need... Ho hum!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...