A 3D Printed Road To Ruin?

 Now, we all know that I am seriously old scholl in every way, but I have, I confess dabbled with 3D printed models.

The Memsahib has invested quite heavily in commercial 3D resin prints, and of corse, several of my clients have sent printed stuff to be painted. But, I fear that they are throwing money away in the medium to long term.

I've noticed, as I've prowled around the various parts of the manse which is Fackham Hall and the Dark Tower, that securely stored 3D printed models are drooping and just plain snapping at normal room temperatures. And this is why I think that we will see a hobby kickback in the future as people invest time and money, only to see their models break and collapse.

Now, I've seen this happen with various different models from different suppliers, and I'm convinced that it's a big enough risk for me to state clearly for the record that unless materials greatly improve, I'll not use 3D prints in my armies.

Even the best resin I have seen used, has collapsed of it's own accord within two years, much newer stuff has gone to the dogs within a matter of months. If I'd spent a large chunk of my hobby time painting a collection, only to see it fall apart, I'd be crying my eyes out.

Now, you may say I'm talking out of my arse and you'd not be the first, but equally, you'd also not be the first to find out I was actually right in the long run.

Time will tell, but I would be willing to bet that I'm right this time.


TTFN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...