December, With It's Bass, Folk, Fun & Wargames Frolics Approaches

 Hi all,


Well, my work is giving me a little less time for other things as I gear up for my month long, Christmas break in December. That said, I've managed to find all but three of the required 15 helicopters for my Vietnam project and have taken delivery of the firebase, despite Parcel Force leaving it undelivered on their van for 3 days, resulting in a few stern and indeed harsh words being had.

I also ordered 15 assorted M113s from Britannia Miniatures this week. I had originally ordered some 3D printed versions, but the chap had a fair number of negative comments regarding shipping damage and print quality, so I reverted to type and went for the traditional metal and resin combination, which cost a little less, to boot.

After the stunning Autum Bistro Evening at The Bothy out at Wentwork, we booked once again for the Christmas Bistro Evening, which has a really nice range of dishes on offer:


 

My personal choices will be either the crab or beef cheek (so hard to decide, as both are excellent, the Lamb Cannon Lattice and the Cheese & Biscuits, but I confess that the Pear, Ginger and Chocolate Tart is also tempting.

These evenings are always excellent and the food exceptional, so we're looking forward to it with much anticiopation.

December is already quite busy, with Recon being our last show of the year (and one we never miss), the Geddy Lee spoken word tour and the Kate Rusby Christmas gig - where you can hear several traditional versions of 'Whilst Shepherds Watched Their Flocks' and many other traditional Northern folk songs. Yes, I do like a bit of folk and Kate Rusby is up there with the best. 

We received an email stating that in addition to copies of his book, we will also get programmes with additional photos and chapters as well as signed letters from Geddy Lee at the event, which is all nice and appreciated.

Well, I better sign off, as I have been asked to do some extra stuff for a much valued friend and client, so it's nose to the paint pot this weekend and indeed, the next few weekends.


TTFN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...