How A Sausage Butty (Brown Sauce, No Butter) Turned My Gaming World Upside Down

 You know how it is...

You swear off 'the hard stuff' for most of your life - I managed 44 years of being 'clean' - and then you try a small amount of something forbidden , and you are hooked.

Well, as you know, I was eating a sausage butty at Recon at Christmas when apropos of nothing, the wife and I mooted doing something a bit sordid and indeed, rather deviant. Napoleonics...

At first I was taken with British, but then, as fortune does, the path was shown to me in the form of Austrians.

So, last night I took ownership of a very nice 28mm Austrian Corps, all metal and a mix of Perry/Foundry and Sash & Saber, comprising:

8 x 48 foot
8 x 36 foot
2 x 32 foot
2 x 30 foot
24 skirmishers
2 x 24 Cuirassier
2 x 24 Dragoon
2 x 18 Ulhan
2 x 18 Hussar
1 x 18 Chevauleger
12 guns
50 generals and ADCs





I'm going to add a couple more infantry units and a couple more cavalry regiments, but it's pretty much a completed project, straight out of the gates.

Well, my world is turned upside down, my wargaming sensibilities and moraes have been distorted. And it feels pretty good - kind of like 'your first time' but without the wet patches and need to converse afterwards...


TTFN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...