Vapnartak

 Morning all,


Well, we decided last thing Saturday night to go to Vapnartak in York.

It started well, with a decent breakfast just north of Leeds, but got a bit dodgy when we arrived and almost bogged down a Volvo in the Quagmire that is the so-called car park at the racecourse. Fortunately, a very nice gentleman, abandoned his child in the morass and helped to push the beastt he couple of feet it needed to be able to swim ashore.

The show was well attended but (thankfully) seem less tightly packed, the traders and displays seemingly slimmed down.

I had a good if expensive day's shopping with about 30 feet of stone walling from the Tree Fellas who gave me a generous and unasked for discount, thence over to Mr Dave Thomas with a brown envelope full of readies in return for 5th Division plus friends at Salamanca:





 

I also grabbed a couple more unpainted units to crack on with the Light Division.

Thence it was off to the tabletop sale, where I bagged another 6 units of infantry and a battery of RHA, all of which I was up and rebasing at 5AM today:





 A quick sit down, a few chats to some old and much loved friends and it was back home with a 4-figure hole in my wallet.

A great start to the gaming year.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...