HISSSSSSSSS! Snakemen are comin' !

 

Coming soon from Satanic Panic in a 'mini' Kickstarter...
 
Snake People
 
This set is a genuine Old School set of sculpts from the hands of Grenadier sculptor, Gary Hunt who now works in the toy industry as a sculptor for Weta.
 
I'll let Gary tell you more in his own words:
 
'I must have sculpted these around 1992, practicing to hopefully get a job with GW or Grenadier. I got a job with Grenadier. It was my dream come true. 
 
I worked freelance, from home for 3 months in Bournemouth, on Mongols, evils monks, dinosaurs, demons, sorcerers and magicians. 
 
I then had a holiday in Thailand for 3 months.. so inspired, planning and designing my next sculpts.
When I returned, Grenadier was no more! My dreams were broken... and as we'd been discussing a royalty scheme I got nothing... 
 
 I moved to London and got a job sculpting toys instead. '
 
So there you have it folks, genuine early 90s sculpts which would never have seen the light of day, had I not frothed like a - well - Frother.
 
There are 3 models, but two are split torsos to give a nice 5 figure group. I am sure that you'll be able to do some posing too, for a bit more variety.
 

 
 
Frankly, I don't care if nobody is excited about the idea of Snake People, but I am, and these will be going in my own armies. That said, I'm a pretty good judge of you lot, and I reckon these will be a hit with many of you.
 
The serendipity of this addition has not escaped me, with the 'Serpent Clan' cavalry, led by their High Priest, and with their serpent back banners. 
 
These will provide some serious 'OOOMPH!' and a lovely twist on the theme...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...