Don't Adventures Ever End?

 Crikey, but this gaming lark is one long adventure...

No sooner had I confidently stated that that I'm at the end of the fantasy journey, but I then realised that I could really use two more armies, albeit small ones, in the shape of Amazons and Slann to 'finish off' the fantasy project.

Now, the Amazons are relatively easy. I have a good number and need about 50 or so more, to make a decent army in Warhammer terms. I'm not going to even try and build massive forces of these, but if I can get to 120-160 models per side, they'll fit nicely into my larger plans as allied contingents of 'neutral' allegiance.

Thankfully, I am still solvent enough in the annual gaming allowance, to make a spirited attempt at getting the stuff, and I have a few leads to little treasure mounds which will hopefully yield Slann, as they were quite popular in these parts, back in the day, and at least two people bought the army deals on offer at the time, so my hopes are high.

As the weekend was supposed to be up and down with the weather forecasts, we elected to stay at home and so I found myself up in my studio, despite what had been a crucifying week of 12 hour days doing my day job in the same place. This time I was cleaning up and undercoating 160 Broo and 120 Chaos Warriors, along with 30 Gargoyles and 6 assorted bolt throwers ahead of sending them to my painter.

Speaking of painting, he sent me a few pics of the undead contingent and some teases of the Chaos Knights and Slugmen he's been working on.

The undead are Gripping Beast 'Draugr' whilst the Chaos bits are Asgard, available again from Alternative Armies:




OK, so they are not finished, but I know how they'll look when he puts the details on and the final highlights and they are exactly to the brief I submitted, for that classic Oldhammer look and feel.

You will also note the Essex MIniatures mounted Sorceror of Chaos / Necromancer, who, is destined to ride out at the head of the Essex Minis 'Knights of Evil' featured here a while ago, who will represent the mortals who have embraced but noit been fully blessed by, the Chaos Gods. They have the twisted alterations of Chaos on them, but still cling to their human knightly roots, with heraldic panoply etc, whilst the Asgard 'Big Lads' (they are after al, 55mm high in the saddle) represent those who have fully accepted Chaos into their hearts.

In the last week or so, I have noticed a stirring in my loins when I moot the possiblities of certain historical periods. This is a good sign, but I still don't know whether or not I'll act upon it. By the end of this gaming season, the fantasy will all be paid for and I'll be just waiting for stuff to come back for varnishing and basing, so I may be in the mood for some Muggle gaming. We shall see.

Well, if you will excuse me, I have a party of delegates from the Imperial Japanese Army waiting for me upstairs in my studio...


TTFN


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

The Passing Of A British Wargaming Legend

A Serious Post And Another Obituary But With Some More Positive Stuff At The End