The Forces Are Massing Quite Convincingly Now...

 I've been wickedly busy over the weekend, as I waded through 500+ models, getting them cleaned up, sorted out and undercoated, ahead of sending them to my painter.

I still have about 900+ to get sorted, but once that's done, I just have to worry about 250 more models next year (maybe earlier) and then it's done, the fantasy poroject is complete and I can return to a normal life :)

By the end of July I hope to take delivery of another 300-400 models from the painter, and so my wife has been busily basing lots of stuff over the last week. She's completed all of my Elves, which are some of the few models which are not metal and old school, but I confess that I love the Oathmark and RGD stuff because it has a good O.G feel to it.

To this end, I have 120 RDG Satyrs, and around 300 Oathmark Elves and Dwarves. I do aim to get as many old Citadel Broo and Beastmen on the table too, but the imposing size of the Satyrs makes them look brilliant in 20 figure units.

I went out to the game room last night and took some quick shots of the stuff which is painted and based so far. There's another big box currently being based as I type, but youy'll have to wait for pics.

If you've ever wondered what 32 Fantasy Tribes Trolls looks, like, then you'll soon be able to see, as I packed them off to the painter today. Anway, here are the boxes of stuff I have completed. There are more figures than you may think...















And as I type, I've just been passed another completed box, containing Essex Minis Gnomes and Chronicle Kobolds...




The Dark Dwarves are Gripping Beast models but they look the part and fit in nicely with the vibe, as do the (as yet unbased) Draugr which are quintessentially Dark Age-looking undead. I am limiting my own undead to 150 or so, as the memsahib has 1000 or so undead of all stripes...

We also ordered a rather nice stone circle from Eureka Miniatures at the weekend, which will add a little touch of the mysterious to the table, once it's painted:

 

 See what comes of watching the Spinal Tap movie?

I did manage to get hold of the pwersonal copy of WHFB 1st ed, belonging to former White Dwarf editor, Paul Sawyer, on Saturday. OK, he's not O.G in the same way as Rick Priestley, but those of us with a taste for occult thinking may believe that such an item has totemic or talismanic properties...
 

Well, there's not much more to report as I am head-down in the 6 weeks prior to my month-long summer break...



TTFN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Serious Post And Another Obituary But With Some More Positive Stuff At The End

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...